Apr 21, 2011

MAAJHI

swo. swapnil smriti

I am not a VIP……
“His excellency -on the golden seat,
Government holder-Prime minister
Big-boss of industries…..”
No, I am nothing as such.

I am a mere MAAJHI*, a Maajhi

I am not any intellect like that
Rather-
From 'five' points,
one can describe of
 
-papery article,sub-article
and to his each criminal transactions,
can prove constitutional.
 

I am just a MAAJHI, a mere fisherman…….
I know-
how the fishy justice is?
Obviously I am not a clever being.
But can catch clever fishes.
Well, I’m innocent
I’m decent…
limpid like water
Clear like mirror
I’m a Maajhi, a Maajhi
……..a tribe of this simsaar*.

This quay is my dream port…
as my facial shine,the cyclone blowing away
getting uglier...like that.
This river side- is my geography,
flowing mercilessly like my age
like that,being wastage...
this river- is my country.

The tides:higher & higher than mountains,
are my desires
which rise ,fall and flow.
Annually kissed by flood,
As the attenuating string of fiddle...
 
this bank- is my life.

I'm a Maajhi, a Maajhi
Aqua is my existence.
To how many colombus
 
might have I shifted them across…
In condolence of how many titanics
 
might have I cried…
Might have I hindered,
how many disasters against life…
Might have I beared the grief
 
about the water in the sea.

I know about-
The blood flown in the river
more than water,
The moon hunted by the night
inside the water,
The sun risen from
Deep.....
Deep.....
Deep.....
River’s pit.
The peace of the ocean
 
robbed by pirates...
And the boat of my belief
sinked in the river.

I'm a Maajhi, a Maajhi.
I’m a man born on water.
I know,
how to cross the obstacle.....?
how to show art over water.....?
how to prepare a new boat,
from the sediments that flood imports?
From which depth of water,
should I extract the fire……?


Note :

1. Maajhi- One of the tribal caste in Nepalese society based on the occupation of fishery. MAAJHI resides at the riverside of Eastern Nepal.
2. Simsaar- Quag-an area of soft wet land,a marshy land.

Trans : Pratima Pathak

No comments:

Post a Comment